WHERE DOES MY MONEY GO WHEN I MAKE A DONATION TO FAMILY PROMISE OF SUSSEX COUNTY?
This is a frequently asked question of our donors! Indeed it is a good question to ask! When you make a donation to Family Promise, it goes to maintaining the operation of our Day Center and network of congregations. By this I mean the following:
- Day Center (electricity, heat/air conditioning, hot water), access to the Internet, laundry facilities, shower facilities, phones, computers, fax, a full kitchen, storage for personal belongings, living room, and a bedroom for children, ill guests, and guests who work the overnight shift.
- We also provide air mattresses, pillows, linens, towels, paper products, cleaning products, hygiene products, clothing, school supplies, books and toys, diapers, gas cards, gift cards to local stores, and shoes. Some of these items are also provided to former guests of the program.
- Transportation is also provided to all guests free of charge to and from the host churches.
- Daily case management and life skills training; assistance with resume writing and interviewing; referrals to other agencies
- Scheduling and maintaining network of congregations who provide overnight shelter and meals, and training of all volunteers
We undoubtedly need your ongoing support to maintain our Day Center and network of congregations. Donations can be mailed to P.O. Box 154 in Newton, NJ 07860 or made online through Pay Pal. One of our newest programs is to Donate in Someone's Honor. Information and a form can be found under News and Events.
I-GIVE - UP TO 26% OF YOUR ONLINE ORDER GOES TO FAMILY PROMISE OF SUSSEX COUNTY
You can help Family Promise of Sussex County by registering FREE on Igive.com and browsing and shopping all your favorite stores through Igive's network of name brand retail and on-line stores (e.g. Macy's, LL Bean, Williams Sonoma, Omaha Steaks, etc. - over 700 stores!!). CHOOSE Family Promise of Sussex County as your charity of choice and we will receive a portion of the proceeds of your purchase with NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU!!
Have all your Internet browsing and shopping help the families at Family Promise of Sussex County - Go to Igive.com now and register! Thank you!!
Wish List for the Day Center:
Quart and Gallon size Ziploc bags, Tupperware, toilet paper, paper towels, shampoo/conditioner, gas cards, Wal-Mart gift cards, grocery store gift cards, copy paper, stamps, #5160 white labels
The Sussex County Interfaith Hospitality Network (SCIHN) was created in 1998, in response to the growing number of homeless families in Sussex, Warren, & Morris Counties. A network of volunteers from local congregations provides emergency shelter, meals and support services to families & single women who are homeless. Families can be two parents with children, single mother with children, single fathers with children or married couples with or without children. Homeless families have two desperate needs: 1) Immediate food and shelter where they can stay together as a family in a place where they can feel safe, and 2) Assistance in finding permanent housing they can afford. Our network provides for both of these needs, while advocating for societal solutions to the crisis. Volunteers offer support and encouragement as families in trouble try to survive and stay together. In 2012, SCIHN changed its name to Family Promise of Sussex County. New name, same mission!